What is Google Sketchup?
Google SketchUp is an application that willl help you learn to create 3D models of houses, decks, home additions, sheds, woodworking projects – even space ships.
In google sketch up you can add details, textures and glass to your models, design with dimensional accuracy, and place your finished models in Google Earth, you may even share them with others by posting
them to the 3D Warehouse, or print hard copies.
Free Google SketchUp is a great way to discover if 3D modeling is right for you.
SketchUp (free ) includes these tools:
Drawing and modifying geometry:offset, Polygon, FollowMe, and Intersect with Model.
Construction:Tape Measure, Dimension, Protractor, Section Slice, Layers, Area & Length Calculation
- You can Draw, modify, measure, rotate, and scale geometry.
- You can Place section slices to view and work on model interiors.
- You can Add pre-made textures to your models, or create new ones.
- You can Add pre-made components like trees, cars, doors and windows, and people to your models, or create new components.
- Even to Soften and smooth faces.
- You can Cast real-time shadows for any location on earth.
- You can Simulate movie camera placements.
- You can Perform walk-throughs.
- You can Create presentation tours.
- You can Import 2D images (.jpg, .png, .tif, .tga, .bmp) and 3D
- models (.3ds, .dem, .ddf, .dwg, .dxf, .skp). - Export your models to
- Google Earth.
- You can Export 2D images of your models (.jpg, .bmp, .png, .tif).
- And you can Print your models.
- You can create add-on programs using the Ruby programming language.
SketchUp PRO is the 3D modeling tool for design professionalsThe professional version of SketchUp empowers design professionals to explore and communicate complex design concepts.
In SketchUp PRO;
- You can export models in 3DS, DWG, DXF, OBJ, XSI, VRML, and FBX file formats in google sketchup.
- You can export animations and walkthroughs as MOV or AVI files.
- You can use organic modeling (Sandbox) and Film & Stage (pre-viz) tools.
- You can Import and export GIS data.
Click this link to DOWNLOAD Google Sketchup